Monday, January 07, 2008

It's Monday again

Hold your loved ones close today. Tell them how much you love them. Don't let another minute go by without calling your friend/family member/significant other up and tell them how much they mean to you because in a nanosecond that could be gone. On Saturday morning, while working as a nurse at the hospital, my dear friend Lydia dropped dead of a heart attack. One minute she was here and the next she was gone. She was only 41 years old - tooo young. And so suddenly. So my dear friends, please appreciate every second you have on this planet for it may be the last one you have.

And since it is Monday, here is my list of 7 for today:

1. My dear friend Lydia - I am thankful for 20 years of friendship, laughing, shopping, sharing, caring and just being. Thank you for you and for sharing yourself with the world

2. Today - I am thankful to wake up and have another day with Chris and the kids.

3. Sherry, Dawn, Renee, Marguerite, Andrea, Kelly, Tammy etc. - I am thankful for my friends. They make me laugh and feel good every day!

4. My kids - I am so thankful that they have soft, caring hearts and know just how to make mom feel better.

5. A new year - I am thankful to have the opportunity to make this year better than the last. I can right the wrongs and be a better person than I have been

6. Scrapbooking - I am thankful that I have a creative venue that I can share with others and get my feelings out on paper.

7. School - I am so thankful the kids are going back to school today!


Have a good day!

3 comments:

Sherri said...

Oh my dear friend ~ my heart goes out to you and your friend Lydia's family ~ such a tragic loss, thinking about you my dear.

hugs Sherri

Carmen said...

What sad news! You really don't know how long your time is here... Hugs to you. And your friend and her family are in my prayers.

tina werner said...

sorry to hear of your friend mona... i'm thinking of you... hugs, tina