Well, I haven't done this all summer and I need to get back to doing it again. So here we go, today I am posting the things I am thankful for:
1. God gives you what you need when you need it. I had forgotten that and then yesterday a long lost friend came into my life again and reminded me of that. God never forgets us, even though it sometimes feels like it or I forget about him.
2. I have an amazing husband who gives me a ton of love and support when I am feeling less than loveable. Not having a permanent job(such is the life of a substitute TA) makes it difficult to know when you are going to start working again.
3. Marguerite turned 40 last week. I hope I look and have the attitude that she does at 40. She is a wonderful friend who is always there when I need her.
4. I LOOOOOOVE carrot and zucchini cake. Marguerite's talented husband made it for her birthday and it is sooooooo yummy! I think its my new favourite cake.
5. I have missed scrapbooking terribly the last two months. I finally got to do some on the weekend. The nicest thing about it is that I am able to do things that (using my dd's words) MAKE MY HEART SMILE, rather than doing a job for someone or finishing up a project for someone else.
6. Only one more week until school starts and life returns to routine. I am so excited not only for my kids to go back to school, but to see where I am going to be working this year. I LOVE my job!
7. I have 2 weddings in the next two weeks: one at which I am the matron of honour on the long weekend. The other is a co-worker and old friend of Chris. I am really looking forward to the second one as it is being held on our 12 year anniversary. I love weddings - and I can't think of a better way to spend my anniversary. I LOVE WEDDINGS!
So, tell me one thing that "MAKES YOUR HEART SMILE" this week!