Tuesday, August 05, 2008

A loooooong time!

It seems like its been years since I have updated here! Life has been crazy for the past weeks - summer in Winnipeg is always busy. But its been alot of fun too! We got out here on the 19th of July and its been nonstop ever since. We celebrated my parents 40th wedding anniversary on the 20th of July by taking them out for dinner. It was just my parents, siblings and spouses, but it was alot of fun. I can't believe that my parents have been married for 40 years. Through good, bad and ugly they are still together. I guess that says alot, hey?!

Chris and I also took Malachi to his first Blue Bomber game - thankfully it happened to be the one game that they actually won. I even got a new jersey which I have been coveting for quite awhile. But Chris' time with us out here didn't last long as he had to leave on the 26th and get back to the dregs of IKEA. So, the kids and I have been here without him since.

We've been busy without him too. Spending time with family, going to movies with friends and even going to the Witches Hut (from Hansl and Gretl)have been some of the things we've been busy with. Isn't this a cute little cottage - I remember coming here with my preschool class when I was a little girl and really wanted to show it to the kids. They seemed to enjoy it too.


There has been one sad note this summer though. As many of you know, last year at this time I lost my best friend to cancer. Well, tomorrow I am going to celebrate the life of her dear husband Ray who died of cancer last week. Chris and I have sad hearts as we think that he is gone now too.
Anyway, I hope you are all well. I miss you all and hope that I can catch up with you all soon. I will be home on the 16th so I plan on catching up with everyone the best I can. Hope your summers are all going well and that you miss me as much as I miss you. Love ya!

5 comments:

Sherri said...

Sorry to hear about your friend Ray ~ my heart goes out to you, cancer is a cruel disease stripping so many of the people they love. Sounds like the rest of your trip is going pretty well, you do sound busy ~ seems like you have been away for a long time haha ~ get safely home and we can catch up in person ~ hugs.

Carmen said...

Sorry to hear about your friend. What an awful disease... Some one somewhere must find the cure... Glad to know you are having a good time away! Be safe!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your friend Mona. Sounds like you are having an incredibly busy summer - but it's best that way isn't it? We head out on holidays in 11 more sleeps (not that I'm counting LOL). Really looking forward to it - and then we come back home and the girls will be back in school! The summer has gone by so fast! Before we now it we'll be faced with that awful white stuff again!

Stacy said...

misses i tagged you today coem check it out on my blog and i am mailing your rak out been busy buying school supplies and stuff

Laura said...

I swore I responded to this post.
Sorry about your loss Mona...thinking happy thoughts for you.
Happy to read you are enjoying your trip home in the Peg.
Enjoy the rest of your summer.
Are you returning to work in the fall? Take care.