and MAN is it coooooold. Its -25 with the windchill. It's amazing how the temperature can get sooooo cold so quickly. And we have snow - so I guess the winter is officially here. On a sad note, my Blue Bombers lost the Grey Cup yesterday. Our guys were great - they gave the Riders a run for their money, but it just wasn't to be. Maybe next year guys! And Milt - here's to praying that you'll put in one last year with the Blue and Gold. We're not ready to lose Turtleman yet!!! Please come back!
Today is Monday, so here are my 7:
1. I am so grateful for Kiana's enthusiasm. She had her singing competition last weekend. It didn't phase her that she was the only one in her voice class, she was thrilled with the fact that her certificate had 1st place on it. She scored an 83 on both her pieces and did quite well. Her confidence is soaring. She is ready for her next competition - I think we have created a monster.
2. I am so pleased with Malachi's determination. In June of last year he was at a grade one reading level, even though he was in grade two. We tried to encourage him to read more and in 5 months he has improved up to a grade three reading level. I am so proud of him and his perseverance.
3. I am so grateful for a God that loves me no matter how I screw up. Without grace and mercy I don't know where I would be.
4. Sherri is an amazing woman. In the last month she has been sweet and loving and supportive and bringing me out of my shell again. I love you for the person that you are!
5. Kelly is an amazing and encouraging friend. She is funny and makes me laugh. She is an inspiration to me and I love that I can tell her anything on the phone and she just listens. I love you too girl!!!
6. I so admire my husband's work ethic. I'm not sure that I could get called into work between 1:30 a.m. and 8:00 a.m. and still have such a positive attitude about it. He is a far better person than I
7. I appreciate the teachers and teachers' aides that work with my kids. It's Parent Teacher this week and I so appreciate all the understanding and support they give to my kids. So much of how my kids are is because of the teachers they work with. They have so much love and compassion for the kids - it just fills my heart.
Hope you have a wonderful day!