Monday, November 12, 2007

What a weekend!

My friends Heather and Rhonda have done there 7 things on Sundays, but since I started mine on a Monday, think I will continue with my thankful list today.

1. I am grateful to all the military men and women who have served and are serving at home and abroad for their incredible sacrifice to me and millions of other people all over the world. Without your bravery and strength, we wouldn't have the life we have today. I watched a video called "Somebody's husband, Somebody's son" yesterday. I wasn't aware that my cousin Paul was included in this video. He was killed in Afghanistan 20 months ago. Remembrance Day has become a much more difficult day for our family since his death. Check out the video here.

2. The Winnipeg Blue Bombers won the semi-finals in the CFL East yesterday. We are one step closer to the Grey Cup. GO BLUE!!!!!!

3. I have an unbelieveable circle of friends that truly blessed me this week. Marguerite, Kelly and Sherri I want to thank you for your love and support. Thanks for having my back and letting me know that you love me.

4. My faith in the Father. I have really felt God has been with me this week and that he's taken care of me and only wants His best for me.

5. My mom had a fall down 25 concrete stairs last week and only has bruises. No concussion, no broken bones. I am so grateful that she is going to be okay and is healing well.

6. My children have such empathetic hearts. I am touched by the love and care that they show to the world around them. They weep for those who are less fortunate and want to help everyone they can.

7. It doesn't matter how I look at myself, Chris loves me passionately every day. I may not like what I see in the mirror, but my unbelieveable husband makes me feel like a queen. He sees me in the best light always.

2 comments:

Carmen said...

All good things to be thankful for!!

Sherri said...

You definitely have inspired me to get this started ~ a very very good idea, yours are so touching ~ awesome lists, ones you can look back on and really smile.