Saturday, June 24, 2006

Good Morning


What a wonderful husband I have. I have been having terrible back pain for the last 3 days and sometimes I can barely move. This morning I woke up to him rubbing my back. He said that he figured that if he started rubbing it while I was sleeping then I would wake up and maybe it wouldn't hurt! What a guy - didn't actually work, but the thought was there. Then he made me breakfast and headed off to work. I am still trying to figure out what I did to deserve that this morning. Then I read my "Quote of the day" that I get in my email and thot I had to post it here because it was perfect for how I am feeling about Chris today.

When I say I love you, its not because I want you or because I can't have you, it has nothing to do with me. I love what you are, what you do, and how you try. I've seen your kindness and your strength. I've seen the best and the worst of you. And I understand with perfect clarity who you really are.


I realized today, just how lucky I really am

7 comments:

Unknown said...

What an awesome way to wake up!

I just found your blog and am having fun reading through your older posts. I am a huge CFL fan! Go Lions go!

I'm also a huge reader. I'd love it if you could email me the 1000 book list. I'm just reading Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert and it is an amazing book.

Marina said...

Oh Mona, you are an amzing woman, and you so deserve to have those mornings all the time. You have an amazing husband, it is nice to hear about the small things the men in our lives do, just to make us happy!!!

What an awesome quote... TFS!!!

Sue Sykes said...

How sweet! And I agree with Marina - you deserve every bit of it!

Love the quote - may have to borrow that... :D

Unknown said...

That's a beautiful pic of you and Chris Mona! What a sweet guy!

Anonymous said...

What a sweetie Chris is!!!! I can't believe I'm actually saying that as I have met him!!!

Heather M. said...

Wow, that quote is so beautiful! What a sweet husband!

Amy said...

awwwwww you've got me all teary!! doesn't take much these days! What a wonderful guy you have there!! I'm sorry to hear about your back pain though!! that quote is so beautiful!!