Friday, October 06, 2006

Well, we're here

we are in Winnipeg and the cold has set in here too. It really feels like fall - but boy is it great to see my nieces and nephews again. My dad has surgery on Tuesday. They are implanting a microchip into his hand. When he feels another blackout coming all he does is push the button beneath his skin and it will record what is going on in his body. The hope is that this will cause them to finally figure out what is causing his blackouts and why. Hopefully it won't take long and the drs. can finally get to the bottom of it.

Thanx to you all for continually coming and reading my blog and my saga of whats been happening in my life. I really feel the love and support from you when you read and comment here. Sometimes I think that this blog is all doom and gloom, but you women are amazingly supportive and I am so grateful that I have you here to support me.

I will be in touch thru here again soon. I miss you all and can't wait to catch you online soon.

Thanx again to you all - I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you are then when your dad is having his surgery. Hope you have a great time!!!! Miss you tons!!

Sue Sykes said...

Enjoy your time with your family, Mona! I hope that this new (quite incredible!) technology will help the doctors understand and treat your father.
Happy Thanksgiving!!

Unknown said...

Hugs Mona! Have a great time with your family. I can't believe they can now put something into the body where you press a button and it records what's happening. Wild.

Tammy said...

HUGS Mona! Enjoy your visit and hopefully soon they will find out what is happening to your Dad. Very cool about the microchip, didn't know you could do that. Oh and don't forget to take pictures of Winnipeg's Fall. It's so beautiful with all the colors, etc. Rake the leaves and get your kids to jump in them, then you'll have some fun photos to work with later on.