Thursday, February 19, 2009

Trust

"You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast because he trusts in you" (Isaiah 26:3 & 4).

I am so frustrated right now. For the past month I have been dealing with situations at my daughter's school. She has been mistreated (which she is used to and it rolls off her back). The problem is we have been working with the teacher and the teacher's aide to help us solve the problem, but they are missing the mark on this one. It doesn't matter what the students do to Kiana, somehow it ends up being her fault and she has to apologize for it. I know she has retaliated in the past and we have dealt with that. I know she sometimes lies, but we've dealt with that too. I know my daughter isn't perfect, but since when should she apologize for girls in school calling her a bitch. Her teacher's aide went so far as to ask her "are you sure you're telling me the truth?" before Kiana actually got to tell her what actually happened. The other two girls got their stories straight and Kiana was made to apologize for thinking they called her "bitch" instead of "witch".

I posted this verse this morning, because I need to make that my prayer right now. I want this situation to get better without me having to go into school and start yelling at staff. My dh is going in today to talk to them about this situation for the 4th time in a month. I need to trust that God is going to take care of this and help me find the strength and the right way to deal with it. Please pray for us as we deal with this situation and that Kiana's teacher's aide learns how to deal with Kiana correctly and realizes that it isn't ALWAYS Kiana's fault.

Chris is going in this morning - I'll let ya know how it turns out!

1 comment:

lacintha said...

Hi Mona, I was so sad to read this post and my heart aches for you and your family.As a Mom I can empathise with what you're going through, and I hope that things have started to settle by now :(