Sunday, February 08, 2009

The Answer to Hostility

"A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh words stirs up anger." Proverbs 15:1

Before Christmas, I hung out with a great group of scrapbooking girls. We hung out all the time and had alot of fun. Then there were angry words and friendships have been destroyed, possibly permanently. I want to be a person of substance, I don't want to be angry and bitter, so I stepped away from a few of those relationships. It is so hard when they try to suck you into a fight and become very confrontational.

God really spoke to me in His word this morning. This is the verse that he gave me and I feel at peace. My nasty words will make things worse - and what kind of witness is that for the Father? I will continue to pray for them and hopefully their hearts will change. Until then, I will surround myself with people who love me and are healthy people to be around. God will take care of the rest.

3 comments:

Crystal said...

Thanks for visiting my blog, M! It's always nice to catch up with you and your sweet kids. I'll be interested in your thoughts about the book Three Cups of Tea. It was a little slow in the middle but what he is doing is truly amazing. And I like your word of the year - that's a great one to live by!

Carmen said...

Sooo true my friend, sooo true... Hugs to you.

Laura said...

wow Mona, I am sorry you had to go through that.
{{{bighug}}} my friend