Wednesday, April 23, 2008
My poor husband had his first accident on his bike yesterday. He was biking to work and was on the sidewalk(because of all the snow) when he hit a large hole. (He didn't see it because of all the blowing snow) He fell in with this right leg right up to his groin (he is 6 foot 5) and had a terrible time getting out. When he finally pulled himself out, he checked to make sure it wasn't broken and then headed off to work. By lunchtime, he was in so much pain that I had to take him in to make sure there wasn't serious damage. He has serious spraining/bruising on his thigh muscles and he needs bedrest for the next 3 days. It'll take a full month for him to heal but at least nothing is broken. He wants to go back and make sure that the city has fixed that hole because a small woman or a child could fall in and nobody would know they are even in there.
So, I am taking Kiana to the Kiwanis Festival this afternoon - hopefully she performs well. I'll have pictures and let you know how she does. Have a good day!
Monday, April 21, 2008
Since I missed last week, I wanted to be sure that I didn't miss my Monday Seven today:
1. Spring - getting as much snow as we did this weekend makes me so grateful for warm weather and spring. I loved the beautiful weather we had a little better than a week ago.
2. Feeling great - since starting on the Celiac diet I have never felt better. Its great not to feel tired and sick all the time.
3. Coffee - I can't imagine my mornings without it. I have a hard time getting out of bed in the morning, but the smell of coffee is a sure way to get me going. There is nothing better than a hot cup of java right before getting my day started.
4. My crazy kids have been going shackwacky having to be inside all weekend(because of the storm) and at times I have wanted to kill them both, but I love them so much and am so grateful for them it overwhelms me.
5. I am so thankful that I am at home, safe, rather than driving the highways and byways of Alberta trying to get home after a weekend away.
6. My amazing husband - he had to walk to work today because I needed the car for work myself. I was going to get up to drive him, but he worked at 4 a.m. and didn't want me and the kids to get up that early.
7. Snow - I have to find a good thing about the storm this weekend and I must say my dd is like a kid in a candy store. She loves the snow and I love how excited she gets and how she can't wait to get out in this weather as soon as she can. She has been sitting with her nose pressed to the window waiting for it to stop blowing long enough for her to get out in it.
Well, I hope you have a wonderful week and I look forward to posting Kiana's results of her competition this week. Love ya!
Saturday, April 12, 2008
Wednesday, April 09, 2008
Well, since I was sooooo tired and unable to do it before now, I am doing my Monday 7 today:
1. Weather - its finally getting warmer out here - by Sunday its going to be 20 C and I can't wait. Hopefully spring will finally be here.
2. My mom is here and I am so grateful. With Malachi having a stomach bug and a PD day on Thursday, I otherwise would have only had a 3 day week this week. Thanx mom!!!
3. Babies - I am excited and looking at baby clothes, wishing that I knew what my sister was having so I could start baby shopping. I LOVE baby clothes - they have some of the greatest stuff.
4. Relationships - I am so thankful that a friend that I had a falling out with over a year ago have been able to reconnect and I am hoping that we may be able to regain our friendship despite what happened. I've missed her alot and she was a good friend to me!
5. My craft - there is nothing better for me than getting my emotions out with paper and glue. Some days its really therapeutic for me.
6. Work - I love my job and I love the kids that I work with. They are a sweet bunch and I just love helping them.
7. Today - I am grateful that I have today - I don't know if I will have tomorrow, but today is enough for now!
Love ya, bye!
Tuesday, April 01, 2008
1. Health - I am so thankful for my health, especially when I don't have it. I am thankful for the days that I feel good
2. Spring - I can feel it in the air - that means summer is near
3. Babies - I love babies and in October my sister is having her 4th. I love the smell, feel, and taste of a newborn baby. I am one excited tante!
4. I have been reading 2 fabulous books in the past week: The Shack(as mentioned in my last post) and So you don't want to go to church. What amazing books - they truly inspire.
5. My mom - she is coming to stay with me next week. Chris needs to go to Toronto so she is coming out to help me out. With me working, I love that she is flying out to do this for me. Thanx mom - I love you!
6. Chris - for keeping me calm and relaxed when I am scared and worried. He makes me see that sometimes I panic and worry needlessly.
7. Reminders - I have been so worried about my health in the past weeks, that I have forgotten who is in control of all that. I was on the Salt blog and I saw posted this verse:
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.(Jeremiah 29:11-13). What a blessing to remember that I am not the one in control of my life and that whatever happens is the plans that HE has for me. I needed that today!
Hope you all have a wonderful day!