Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Happy day!

It has been awhile since I have updated my blog and its LOOOONG overdue! So, I had a wonderful birthday with my family. My husband and kids took me out for dinner to The Keg and had a wonderful evening together. I got a fabulous "Game ready" Winnipeg Blue Bomber jersey from my family. I had been eyeing them when we were home in July but they were sooooooo expensive (what with us going to Disney sooon and all) that I couldn't justify getting one. I think my husband and children are pretty amazing to get that for me.

And yahoooooooo - only 24 days until we leave for California. I am soooooo excited -totally like the kids. My dad and Chris are being cool and nonchalant about it, but my mom, the kids and I are insanely excited.

So, since I missed it yesterday, here is my list of 7 for this week:

1. Season Premieres - I am sooooooo glad that regular tv is coming back on. I look forward to the start of my shows every fall
2. Family holidays - only 24 days until I get to fulfill one of the biggest wishes the kids have had for years. DISNEYLAND - every kid's dream.
3. A generous husband and children who spoiled me this year for my birthday!
4. Special needs kids - I am having a wonderful time working and I love my job. Its amazing what these little beings can teach you - far more than I could EVER teach them.
5. Government funding - in the last few years the government has provided more funding for special needs kids than has been available before. Every little bit of extra money helps and we are so grateful for that.
6. Reminders - in the last week I have had a ton of reminders that I am being cared for and that God is keeping his eye on me and my family. I am thankful for every little glimpse I get that the Father has His hand on me and is so aware and involved in what is going on in my life.
7. You - my dear blogger friends I am grateful for you. Thankx for coming and sharing a bit of my life with me and letting me share a glimpse of your life as well.


Love to you all!

2 comments:

Carmen said...

That is sooo awesome that you are going to Disneyland!! Every kids' dream come true... You will have a blast!!

Laura said...

holy cow... I am soo excited reading that. It take me right back to when e=we were getting close to our trip...Mona, you are going to have the time of your life!!!