Wow, what a weekend this turned out to be! Spent all day Saturday doing wedding shopping with my girlfriend. We needed to find her wedding dress and my Matron of Honor dress (did I mention that I hate the word "Matron"? It sounds so ooooooold". Well, because its a beach wedding and they can't afford a whole lot we decided to check out a consignment store first. Well 1 1/2 hours later my gf had her wedding dress, veil, necklace and shoes and I had my dress and shoes. And it was really inexpensive!!! One more fitting and both dresses should be ready - its pretty exciting actually!
Yesterday was a day of laundry and cleaning. It was the perfect day for it since it was cloudy and rainy all day.
I know its stupid, but I am going to complain about something really annoying right now. Starting today, every phone call you make in Alberta now has to include the area code. What a pain in the butt.
Well, since it's Monday, here are my seven for today:
1. Sleeping in - I only have 4 days of work left and then I am on holidays! Nothing makes me feel better than NOT hearing the alarm at 6 a.m.
2. Warm, sunny days - after a grey, rainy day I love to wake up to a warm sunny day and the smell that accompanies it
3. Weddings - we have invitations to 3 weddings this summer and I am so excited for all of them. It's so exciting to watch new couples begin their married lives together and commit themselves to each other. It's neat to think back to what Chris and I were like waaaaay back then.
4. Scrapbooking - with the holidays comes scrapbooking. I am so thankful that I am going to have the time to do that now that the holidays are upon me
5. Wedding clothes - believe it or not, the Matron of Honor dress that I am wearing actually makes me feel kinda pretty. I will never wear it again, but since it makes me look like I lost 20 lbs. the second that I put it on, its worth it!
6. Babies - I got to see the ultrasound picture of my new niece/nephew and I am so excited. I am in love with this little creature and am so thankful for him/her!
7. My kids - they get so excited at the littlest things. Makes me appreciate all the little things in life.
I hope you all have a wonderful day!