Thursday, July 27, 2006

I am home!

What a great holiday we had in Winnipeg, but it is always good to be home! The highlight of my trip was DEFINITELY getting to meet another of my S! friends - Tracy(stitchfan18). We had fun shopping and having lunch. She is so much fun - I felt like I have known her for years. I love her to bits.
One of the places that we love to go while we are home is to Fun Mountain Water Park. It was soooo hot - about 43 degrees but the heat didn't even affect us as we went down the slides. I must have lost about 10 lbs. climing up the hill with the tube so that Malachi could slide down again and again. He and his 3 yo cousin Brianna had me climbing up and sliding down the slide with them at least 100 times. I got a nice tan out of the whole deal, so that was a bonus too. But man, I bruised my feet on the pebble walkway every time that we walked up the path to wait in line again.
This cute little creature that Chris is holding is the newest member of my sister's family. I TOTALLY fell in love with her. Her name is Simba and she is a Border Collie/German Shepherd mix. She is the runt of the litter and she along with her 9 siblings were rejected by their mother when she was 2 weeks old. The owners decided to give them away to good homes so my sister decided she needed a puppy. It took everything in me not to bring her home. She is very sweet and cuddly and loveable. She is a really smart dog too - my sister started training here while we were there and Simba caught on VERY QUICKLY!!! We could always tell when she was hungry tho, because she would latch onto the boob of whoever was holding her and tried to nurse. It was kinda funny actually!
Kiana loved being at the beach. Another of my sisters has a cabin on Lake Winnipeg and Kiana LOVED to be there. She spent hours in the water and when she wasn't in the water she was building sand castles with her cousins. There was NO WAY she was leaving the beach. This was the best thing for her because she could control the water level that she was comfortable with and there wasn't the echo-like sounds that you get from being in a pool or waterslide. She told me that one day she wanted to live at the beach. Too bad that summers are so short and winters are so long - especially in Winnipeg. LOL!!!

But I think the most exciting part of the trip happened in the first few days that we were there. Chris and I think that we should write a book about the craziness that is my family. I want to share with you a quick snapshot into the first couple of days that were my holidays:

1. I went to the CFL football game with my dad and dh. There was a drunk guy sitting in front of us and he started cursing a blue streak. There was a 4 yo boy behind us who got tired of him cursing and asked him to be quiet. He started yelling at the kid and tried to hit him. I got up and blocked him so he turned on me. Then he tried to hit Chris and threatened us. Then he poured his beer on my friend sitting next to us. By the time security showed up, they wanted to throw the lot of us in jail. Anyway, they got him out of the game and I thot the excitement for the night was over. But, not so!!! In the 3rd quarter, some drunk chick in the row ahead of me got bored and decided to flash the crowd. Problem was she was sitting directly ahead of me so I got some booby to the face!!!! Now, for those of you who haven't experienced that - you have NO IDEA what you are missing!!! So, there was my first night in Winnipeg!

2. My second night in Winnipeg, my aunt called my parents house needing Chris' legal help. Her and my uncle are getting a divorce and my uncle's gf got a restraining order against my aunt. My aunt broke the restraining order so at 1 a.m the police came to her home to arrest her. She has crippled hands and feet from her arthritis, so when she held out her hands for them to handcuff her the police explained that because of her health condition it wasn't neccessary because she wasn't a flight risk. Then they took her to the police car and gently put her in. They took her to the station, fingerprinted her and took her mug shots. She asked the police for copies of the mug shots because she wants to use them for her Christmas cards this year and she also wanted a recent picture for her wallet. The reason she called my dh is because she wants to know how to press charges against the Winnipeg Police Force for discrimination. Apparently, because they didn't handcuff her, throw her into the cop car and lock her up in jail she is charging them with discrimination because they were gentle with her because of her arthritis.

After the adventure that I have experienced in the past couple of weeks this is my final thought:

It may be that the satisfaction I need depends on my going away, so that when I've gone and come back, I'll find it at home. Jalal ad-Din Rumi

2 comments:

Sue Sykes said...

What an adventure! Can't say that I've ever had booby to the face - nor do I care to!
Your sister's pup is adorable! Glad Malachi and Kiana are enjoying themselves, so you can have some rewarding Mommy-time, without the guilt! :)

Heather M. said...

Sounds like quite the adventurous vacation! I'm glad the kids are enjoying themselves and that you are enjoying some me-time alone! YAY!