Thursday, January 07, 2010

1 Corinthians 13


The challenge for this week on the Salt Blog was 1 Corinthians 13. I focussed on the verse "Love keeps no record of wrong". I have a past that I am not proud of - stupid things that many of us do when we are young. I know the Father has forgiven me and my parents have forgiven me, but I can't forgive myself. This is a good reminder for me that God, my husband and my parents love me and they don't keep track of what I do, why can't I forgive myself and get past it? Well, I hope you like my lo and if you have some time, come over to Salt and post your own interpretation of the Love Chapter.

8 comments:

Lythan said...

What a fabulous take on the challenge Mona. I think this is a good verse to remember and I love that embellishment cluster in the left hand corner

Melin said...

Mona, I loved your layout. So beautiful and poignant. It really speaks about all of us. "Therefore there is none righteous no not one" Rom. 3:10. I pray the Lord will show you that it is all Forgiven, Forgotten, Forever. "Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus". Rom.8:1. I am sure you're familiar with these scriptures. It helps to remember that Paul wrote them and we know he used to "kill" Christians before he became one. So if he can feel freedom about that, you can too. May the Lord give you abounding mercy, grace and peace. May you continue to use the wonderful gift of crafting that He has given you to inspire others. Thank you again so much for sharing! Melin

artfulstampin said...

Praise God he remembers no more! Wonderful reminder of that in your layout

Kelsey-Old Account said...

Beautiful Mona!!

Hazel said...

I love your take on the challenge - and, you know, God has forgiven you, as well as others, so it's time to forgive yourself (although I admit that I still struggle with some things from the past - and I know I needn't) x

Just Rhonda said...

Wow Mona. Heartfelt page!!!

Unknown said...

what an interesting scrapbook challenge!

Merana Leigh said...

Enjoyed reading your blog. And understand completely - I'm still kicking myself over several things! But, I figure if God can forgive me, who am I to hold on to stuff. (I guess it's the shame) But the good news is...lessons learned, not to be repeated, right?

Hang in there & know that the Lord loves you more than anything. I'll be praying for you!

Come visit my blog & follow, if you'd like. I feel blessed to count you a friend!

Blessings ~ Merana