Monday, January 05, 2009

Back to the regular grind

So, here we are - its January 5th and time to get back to real life. Getting out of bed at 7 a.m. was EXTREMELY difficult today after 2 weeks of sleeping until 9. Some days I really dislike going back to reality. But, I guess the bills need to be paid.


FOR TODAY January 5

Outside my window... the weather has warmed up and the car is being warmed up
I am thinking... how little I want to go to work and how much I want to go back to bed
I am thankful for... my health
From the learning rooms... how to depend more on God's strength and less on my own
From the kitchen... I am getting my lunch ready for work
I am wearing... jeans and a sweater
I am creating... my kids Disney albums
I am going... back to work today
I am reading... my Bible right now
I am hoping... that a friend's boyfriend recovers from pneumonia
I am hearing... my son singing
Around the house... is the buzz of routine starting again
One of my favorite things... my hot coffee
A few plans for the rest of the week... starting to work out again
Here is picture thought I am sharing... a great photo of a silly friend




















So, you saw my last post about my word for 2009. I was wondering - do you have a word? Did you make a resolution? I'd love to know what it is.



Have a good day!

4 comments:

Laura said...

I hear ya on the getting up early Mona...my alarm almost went flying at 6:30am today!
I am glad you are back to posting "for today"...I truly enjoy reading those every week.
I do have word for 09..it is balance. Something I am hoping to find between all the roles I play in my life.
Have a great week my friend!

lacintha said...

Hi Mo :)
Hope you guys are well and surviving this deep freeze...Brrr!
I'm still thinking on a word..I guess it should be "Focus" since I struggle with that on a daily basis...have a great week :)

Kelsey-Old Account said...

Hi Mona!

My word for 2009 is actually a little more than a word ... here goes:

Live to Forgive, and Live to Love.

I have been told time and time again that I need to forgive immediately - to not squirrel it away and 'keep' it to myself to hoard and keep - I need to forgive everyone and anyone for slights and hurts against me as God has forgiven them - I found that the bible actually says that he who does not forgive will not be forgiven (paraphrased & I don't know where it is from exactly).

Also, I need to judge less and love more. Love others as God loves them just for the sake of loving them. *Loving them does not mean I have to like them at all times or trust them or forget past hurts, but I have to love them with all my heart always*

so, there's my 2009 'word'!!

Renee said...

fairness... that would be my word. Maybe it should be compassion.