Saturday, August 18, 2007

Goodbye Ma

Yesterday my dear friend Marie Horsman died of cancer. She was my friend, mentor, confidante and ma. She let me cry on her shoulder when I needed it, she yelled at me and kicked me in the butt when I needed it, and she took my advice seriously when she needed it. She held my hand when I was dealing with and accepting my kids disabilities and she allowed me to hold her hand and give her a shoulder to cry on when she became estranged from her son. She was a strong, feisty woman with an attitude yet she was very soft-hearted. She was generous and kind and loving. She loved God more than anything and that was apparent in every part of her life. She was a gifted quilter and my family has been the recipients of her wonderful handwork. I am the woman that I am today in large part because of her. My life will never be the same now that she is gone. There is a large hole in my heart now that she is gone - she was an amazing woman who will be dearly missed. I love you ma!

7 comments:

Carmen said...

My sympathies!
Big big hugs my friend!!

Heather M. said...

Oh Mona - I am so sorry. Hugs to you, especially during the funeral tomorrow.

Julie said...

i'm so sorry to hear this mona!

hugs girl!

Laura said...

I am sooo sorry to hear of your loss Mona. Hugs to you my friend, and a shoulder or an ear if you need it.

lacintha said...

so sorry for your loss Mona {{{hugs}}}

Karan said...

im so sorry for your loss, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family

Anonymous said...

Oh Mona, I am so sorry for your loss. Big hugs. My thoughts and prayers are with you. I'm here if you need anything!!!