Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Hey all,

hope you are all enjoying your summer - I know I am. It was bittersweet for me to end my work for the summer - I am going to miss the kids. It broke my heart when they realized I might not be back at the same school next year. The tears and hugs touched my heart. It boggles my mind to see that I actually reached somed of these kids.

Life is busy this week. Kiana has Musical Drama camp all week. They are performing "Alice in Wonderland". I am so excited for Kiana - her amazing voice teacherTaylene Lyon has created such a passion in Kiana to sing. I am so grateful to her for all her work with Kiana this year and Kiana and I are both sad that she will not be teaching her in the fall. So, we are on the hunt for a new Voice Instructor.

Malachi is enjoying Kiana being at camp because it gives him exclusive one on one attention from Dad. Kiana talks so much and is soooooo full of energy, Malachi barely gets a chance to get a word in edgewise, so for 7 hours a day, mom and dad are all his.

I am pretty busy too - gotta get ready for home. The kids and I are spending 4 weeks in Winnipeg this summer. It'll be interesting to see how Chris copes without us for a month - he hates being alone.


And a huge shout out and congratulations to my dear friend Rhonda on the birth of her new baby boy. Congrats to you Regan and the kids - I can't wait to see photos.
So, what are your plans for the summer?! Going anywhere exciting? Doing anything? Let me know - I'd love to hear from you.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Hey Mona,
you are a busy girl!
Sounds like this week is a win win for all of you...Kiana get to do what she loves and Malachi gets you guys!!