Monday, August 25, 2008
1. God gives you what you need when you need it. I had forgotten that and then yesterday a long lost friend came into my life again and reminded me of that. God never forgets us, even though it sometimes feels like it or I forget about him.
2. I have an amazing husband who gives me a ton of love and support when I am feeling less than loveable. Not having a permanent job(such is the life of a substitute TA) makes it difficult to know when you are going to start working again.
3. Marguerite turned 40 last week. I hope I look and have the attitude that she does at 40. She is a wonderful friend who is always there when I need her.
4. I LOOOOOOVE carrot and zucchini cake. Marguerite's talented husband made it for her birthday and it is sooooooo yummy! I think its my new favourite cake.
5. I have missed scrapbooking terribly the last two months. I finally got to do some on the weekend. The nicest thing about it is that I am able to do things that (using my dd's words) MAKE MY HEART SMILE, rather than doing a job for someone or finishing up a project for someone else.
6. Only one more week until school starts and life returns to routine. I am so excited not only for my kids to go back to school, but to see where I am going to be working this year. I LOVE my job!
7. I have 2 weddings in the next two weeks: one at which I am the matron of honour on the long weekend. The other is a co-worker and old friend of Chris. I am really looking forward to the second one as it is being held on our 12 year anniversary. I love weddings - and I can't think of a better way to spend my anniversary. I LOVE WEDDINGS!
So, tell me one thing that "MAKES YOUR HEART SMILE" this week!
Friday, August 22, 2008
The Nitty Gritty details:
It’s a random tag and here are the rules!
1. Link to the person who ‘tagged’ you!
2. Post the rules on your blog!
3. List 6 random facts about yourself!
4. Tag 6 people at the end of your post!
5. Let each person know they have been tagged by commenting on their blog!
6. Let the tagger know the entry is posted on your blog!
1. That would be Laura
2. Done - see above
3. - I was in a movie (documentary) that was shown all around the world when I was 12
- I caught a hockey puck and was on Hockey Night in Canada on the very last game the Winnipeg Jets ever played, thus fulfilling 2 dreams I made as a 12 year old kid.
- I hate the colour pink and anything frilly
- People without common sense really annoy me
- I can't live without coffee in the morning
- I tell my family things about other members of my family just to see how long it takes to get back to me and cause trouble.
4. Done - see below
And I was given this lovely award from Stacy:
The rules of this award:
1. Only 5 people allowed.
2. 4 have to be dedicated followers of your blog
3. one has to be someone new or recently new to your blog and live in another part of the world.
4. you must link back to whoever gave you the award. Quite simple really it is a way of saying thank you to those who take time out for wonderful comments to boost your day.It's hard to choose only 5!!
So, I tag: Carmen, Ki, Sherri, Lacintha and my friend Karen who, after not having spoken for about 20 some odd years, I finally touched base with again!
Thursday, August 21, 2008
When I was a little girl I used to love to go to Kildonan Park and check out the Witches' Hut from Hansl and Gretl. Obviously it was better in my mind because my memories are that of a preschool child, but the kids had fun checking it out anyway:
And as we usually do we headed to Fun Mountain waterslides again this year. This is Malachi's favourite place to visit and if we didn't go every year I think his heart would be broken. Kiana actually got the courage up to try the slides this year - a HUGE step for her!
Another of the kids favourite places was this place:
it has the yummiest food around! All in all a pretty good trip I think. I think that's all I'm going to share for now.
Laura and Stacy I haven't forgotten that you tagged me - I will hopefully get to that this afternoon, but I still have a ton of stuff to unpack and hopefully you understand.
Off to clean my house and hopefully get some scrapping done today - its amazing how much you miss it when you haven't done it for a month! Kisses!
Tuesday, August 05, 2008
Chris and I also took Malachi to his first Blue Bomber game - thankfully it happened to be the one game that they actually won. I even got a new jersey which I have been coveting for quite awhile. But Chris' time with us out here didn't last long as he had to leave on the 26th and get back to the dregs of IKEA. So, the kids and I have been here without him since.
We've been busy without him too. Spending time with family, going to movies with friends and even going to the Witches Hut (from Hansl and Gretl)have been some of the things we've been busy with. Isn't this a cute little cottage - I remember coming here with my preschool class when I was a little girl and really wanted to show it to the kids. They seemed to enjoy it too.
There has been one sad note this summer though. As many of you know, last year at this time I lost my best friend to cancer. Well, tomorrow I am going to celebrate the life of her dear husband Ray who died of cancer last week. Chris and I have sad hearts as we think that he is gone now too.
Anyway, I hope you are all well. I miss you all and hope that I can catch up with you all soon. I will be home on the 16th so I plan on catching up with everyone the best I can. Hope your summers are all going well and that you miss me as much as I miss you. Love ya!